ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tharp, Joshua L, SOLGV" <jlth...@att.com>
Subject RE: includeAntRuntime
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:23:28 GMT
That's the way to do it. There is no real drawback to doing it (unless
you are inadvertently depending on any CLASSPATH settings that exist
external to your build file). ;)

Josh

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Price [mailto:eprice@ptc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 6:16 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: includeAntRuntime

Hi,

If I understand correctly, the <javac> task inherits the contents of the

CLASSPATH environment variable (as well as any libraries in
$ANT_HOME/lib) indirectly from the Ant runtime.  Please stop me here if
I am wrong.

Quick question:

If I want to ensure that this environment variable is *not* inherited
(so I can be assured that I am not inadvertently depending on any
CLASSPATH settings that exist external to those specified in my build
file), what is the recommended solution?  At first I would have thought
that setting an explicit classpath to use would override any existing
classpath, but this appears to be true for <java>, not <javac>.  Looking

at the docs, I would assume it is the <javac> includeAntRuntime
attribute (set it to "no").

And, if so, are there any non-obvious drawbacks to doing so?

Thanks,

Erik