ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tharp, Joshua L, SOLGV" <jlth...@att.com>
Subject Automatic stub generation
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:52:36 GMT
I've scanned the archives for my answer, but I haven't found a
satisfactory answer, so I'll pose the question myself...

I'm trying to automatically detect which files need to have RMI stubs
generated. I already have a comment in each file that requires
generation that I can search for. However, I haven't been able to figure
out how to use a combination of selectors, filesets, or whatever to
specify which files need RMI stubs generated. I did something similar to
this with make on Solaris with a little grep > temp.file routine. Then I
took the list of files from that routine and ran them through rmic
(after changing the *.java path names to qualified class names). This
worked really well. I can use a selector to find the files with the
comments using ant... but then what?

Any help here would be appreciated,

Josh