ant-user mailing list archives

From Jesse Stockall <stock...@magma.ca>
Subject Re: What to do with $ separated inner classes of VAJ in the javac task?
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:09:57 GMT
On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 10:11, Bansemir, Carsten wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have several .jar files wich I need, when I want to compile with javac. My Problem
is that Visual Age for Java works with inner classes wich are separated with a "$" (OuterClass$InnerClass),
but the standard compiler wants inner classes to be separated with a "." So is there a way
to use the VAJ Compiler, or better to automatically convert the "platform-specific" (here
VAJ is the platform) Dollarsigns to ,what Java should be, platform-independent dots?

Class files written to disk (or in a jar) use '$' to separate inner
classes (Outer$Inner.class). When you reference the class name in code,
or in a build file you use dotted notation (Outer.Inner).

What problems exactly are you running into?

--
Jesse Stockall <stockall@magma.ca>