ant-user mailing list archives

From "John Burgess" <>
Subject How to continue the build if a task fails?
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:26:07 GMT
I'm sorry to bother you, I'm still rather a newbie to ant but I can't seem to find a solution
to the following problem:

My build file uses optional tasks from tomcat 4.1 to undeploy our web app and then deploy
the newly built war.  However, occasionally something will go wrong in the development work
which means the war file can't be deployed -- a new jar needs to be added or suchlike.

After fixing the problem rebuild will try to undeploy which fails and stops the whole process.
 I know how to get round this by running ant from a command line and giving it the deploy
task as its target but not everyone is happy with this.  We use JCreator for file editing
and I've set up a simple ant command for its compile project button which runs ant with the
default target and I'm having a job to get anyone to use ant in any other way.  In particular,
people will check out the build file, comment out the body of the undeploy task and use the
compile button in jcreator to compile and deploy, then undo the checkout.

A continue on failure option on the undeploy task would get round this.  Can it be done?