ant-user mailing list archives

From "Savinder Puri" <>
Subject Help - Attachment in Ant Mail task
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 09:08:13 GMT

Hi All,

I'm trying to do the following :

1. Log the build process using "" and
2. Determine success/failure of the build
3. Mail the log file ( and )

The following code works (but is partial to my requirements)
<target name="myMail">
	   <mail mailhost="blah" subject="Build Status Report"
	   		<message>The build-log is attached </message>

The "include" tag didn't work for me.

Please help !

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig []
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: Need help using exec to do "ls -rt1 | tail -1"

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Matt Reason <> wrote:

> The exec task seems to hate the fact that one of my arguments is a
> pipe.

I won't repeat that this is due to the fact that pipe's are interpreted
by the shell 8-)

> Does anyone have a workaround?

Use <exec>'s output attribute to write the result of ls to a temporary
file and read this file into a property using <loadfile> and a nested

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message