ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Feature / Enhancement request
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2003 03:18:23 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hanasaki JiJi" <hanasaki@hanaden.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2003 19:46
Subject: Re: Feature / Enhancement request

> Main motivation / use case is to be able to  make a jar file that
> contains just the interfaces that are needed on the client AND server
> side although they may be in the directories/packages for the server code.

I have to back erik up and say 'move your interfaces to a package called
interfaces'. A good refactoring IDE (such as IDEA) will do it in seconds,
and keep CVS up to date too (but not SourceSafe, I note :( )

I think there is little motivation to modify ant to extract reserved tags
from the javadocs and use that for their scoping of what goes where, when we
can use package names for the same purpose.