ant-user mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <levylamb...@tiscali-dsl.de>
Subject Re: Javac for big Projects with many errors
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 15:35:44 GMT
I would see two solutions :
- split in your ant build file the compilation of the sources which never
have errors from the compilation of the other ones, by creating different
targets where you use <javac> against different filesets.
- use the try task from ant-contrib
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ant-contrib/
The best - in the long term - would be to clean up all your codebase. If you
have a lot of source code that does not compile, you should get your
developers to fix it, or discuss whether it can be removed.
Hope it helps.
Antoine
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bansemir, Carsten" <Carsten.Bansemir@huk-coburg.de>
To: <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 2:39 PM
Subject: Javac for big Projects with many errors

Hi,

My Problem is that I want to compile one big project (>2000 classes) using
ant, but there are always parts of the projects wich have errors (this can
be up to 1000 errors in different classes) but the core of the project is
still running with that errors.
But when I want to use Ant, then it will not run through the hole compile
process, due to the (mostly unimportant) errors.
I read in the mailing list that I could exclude the classes with errors, but
is there also a way, to do this dynamically, so that I don't have to check
if there are new errors, and that the buildfile itself checks for errors,
and ignores them ?

Thx, Carsten