ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: passing log4j.configuration <sysproperty>
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 18:52:10 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Price" <eprice@ptc.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 11:25
Subject: Re: passing log4j.configuration <sysproperty>

> Steve Loughran wrote:
>

> > I think you may run in to grief with file: uris on platforms, esp. with
> > representing dos drives safely. But I also think that log4j.config will
take
> > the resource path of config files in the classpath more easily.
> >
> > Also, you can setup log4j in your software -we do that on our server
code.

> You mean you hard-code the path to your logging properties?

no. we have this config where we dist one web app to >1 cluster, each with
>1 server, each with different config options.

when the app boots it looks up its hostname, loads a properties resource
from that hostname telling it what cluster it is in. It then loads a named
cluster file that tells it many things, including the resource name of the
cluster's log4j config. Which we tell log4j to load.

these are not hard coded file paths, but resource paths for
this.getClass.loadResource()