ant-user mailing list archives

From <Mark.Gar...@cs.tcd.ie>
Subject RE: Strange problem with <arg> tag
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2003 13:28:56 GMT
Hi Montsie,
     Could ye maybe try putting the classes;lib/bar.jar in enclosed
escaped quotes? Maybe the ; is getting parsed out at some stage?

HTH,
Mark.

i.e.
<target name="foo">
        <exec executable="foo.bat">
            <arg line="-cp \"classes;lib/bar.jar\""/>
        </exec>
</target>

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kaegi [mailto:kam@brainware.ch]
Sent: 04 April 2003 17:17
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Strange problem with <arg> tag

Hi

I try to execute a batch file("foo.bat") from an Ant build script. The
batch file executes a java application.
The java application requires some additional libraries. The libraries
are loaded over the java

classpath option. Now I want specify the classpath using the Ant <arg>
tag.

E.g..

<target name="foo">
        <exec executable="foo.bat">
            <arg line="-cp classes;lib/bar.jar"/>
        </exec>
</target>

foo.bat:

echo %1 %2 %3
rem java -cp 2% foo.Foo

The problem is that something goes wrong with the classpath.
In detail the semicolon between the lib files is missing.

E.g..

java -cp classes lib/bar.jar foo.Foo

in place of

java -cp classes;lib/bar.jar foo.Foo

Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance. ,

montsie