ant-user mailing list archives

From "ALIA-SC, David" <David.ALIA...@AirLiquide.com>
Subject RE : Accessing getMessage() method of echo task from listener ?
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 13:58:09 GMT
Yep, but it throws an nullpointerexception when I try to use the
event.getMessage() method !

This is the beginning of my code (the principal lines) :

    public void taskFinished(BuildEvent event) {
	// filtering...
	if (event.getTask().getTaskName().equalsIgnoreCase(ECHO_TASK)) {
		// the next line does not work --> null pointer exception is
raised ??
		String tmpMessage = event.getMessage();
		log.warn(tmpMessage);
	}

David

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de [mailto:Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de]
Envoyé : jeudi 10 avril 2003 15:36
À : user@ant.apache.org
Objet : AW: Accessing getMessage() method of echo task from listener ?

A quick look into the source ... BuildEvent would help you:

Returns the project that fired this event.
	public Project getProject()

Returns the target that fired this event.
	public Target getTarget()

Returns the task that fired this event.
	public Task getTask()

Returns the logging message. This field will only be set for "messageLogged"
events.
	public String getMessage()

Returns the priority of the logging message. This field will only be set for
"messageLogged" events. The meaning of this priority is as specified by the
constants in the {@link Project Project} class.
	public int getPriority()

Returns the exception that was thrown, if any. This field will only be set
for "taskFinished", "targetFinished", and "buildFinished" events.
	public Throwable getException()

Jan Matèrne