ant-user mailing list archives

From <Mark.Gar...@cs.tcd.ie>
Subject RE: ANT Inside IBM WebSphere Application Developer
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 09:50:32 GMT
Hi Tudor,
	Jaxp is a sun library for XML Parsing. You can download it here.

http://java.sun.com/xml/downloads/jaxp.html

Thanks,
Mark.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tudor, Liviu @Cimage [mailto:LiviuT@cimage.com]
Sent: 08 April 2003 10:36
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: ANT Inside IBM WebSphere Application Developer

Hi there!

	Thanks for the reply!
	What I did was download the latest ANT which contains 4 jars:
ant.jar, optional.jar, xercesImpl.jar and xml-apis.jar (the last two are
actually a distribution of Xerces 2 for Java). So, I've removed
(actually
backed them up on another station -- something told me that it wouldn't
work
straight away and I might need to revert back to the previous version
:D)
the old jars from org.eclipse.ant.core (in the plugins directory) and
copied
over the new jars. Then modified the plugin.xml to include the new jars
and
restarted the WSAD -- and (suprise!) I didn't get the "Run Ant..." menu
item
on the xml files. So I went back and double-checked the old config and
realised that I still needed antsupport.jar to enabled Ant in WSAD. So
I've
copied this jar together with the new jars in the org.eclipse.ant.core
directory, modified the plugin.xml file and restarted WSAD -- and great!
the
"Run Ant..." item appeared again... However, clicking it would produce
the
"XML parser factory has not been configured correctly. Provider
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl not found." error... Looking
through the manifest files, I've realised that some jars relied on
xalan.jar
as well, so I've copied that one over, but I've also found some
dependencies
of jars that I couldn't find anywhere on apache's website : jaxp.jar --
for
example... I don't think they are really needed, so I didn't worry about
it
(as I can run ant from the command line outside WSAD without these
jars),
however as it is now Ant wouldn't run any further -- and the trouble is
reverting back to the old ant version makes some of my makefiles useless
as
I get the ole' "Attribute XXX not supported..." :(
	If you have managed to make this work, could you please bring a
bit
of light into it -- perhaps we could then notify Barry on the actual
actions
needed to make it work -- as I can imagine probably quite a few other
people
being faced with this challenge at some point, and they probably had to
give
it up as my "researches" on the web into this only produced Barry's
article
and this mailing list...
	Thanks!

Liviu Tudor

Cimage Novasoft Limited
www.cimagenovasoft.com
liviut@cimage.com
Fax: +44 (0)1344 767701
Direct Line: +44 (0)1344 767759
Centennial Court, Easthampstead Road, Bracknell, BERKS, RG12 1JZ

If you make something idiot-proof, the world will always create a better
idiot.