ant-user mailing list archives

From <Mark.Gar...@cs.tcd.ie>
Subject RE: ANT Inside IBM WebSphere Application Developer
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 14:05:48 GMT
Hi Tudor,
        In the ant.jar file the manifest file has a reference to a
xerces implementation (xercesImpl.jar) that's usually in the same
directory as ant.jar. When you copy old ant.jar files over new ones, the
manifest now references the newer xercesImpl.jar that's in the same
directory and this xerces implementation may not be backward compatible
which I think's the case between 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 as I'd problems trying
to use 1.5.1 in Eclipse 2.1 by resetting the ANT_HOME variable.

Try making sure that the correct version of xercesImpl.jar is available
to the corresponding version of ant.jar.

HTH,
Mark.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tudor, Liviu @Cimage [mailto:LiviuT@cimage.com]
Sent: 07 April 2003 14:48
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: ANT Inside IBM WebSphere Application Developer

Alex, hi!

Thanks for the email! I don't mind using ANT either internally or
externally
as long as it works... I've just changed all sorts of jar files and
configs
around and now I got one step further -- purely when trying to start
Ant, I
get an exception dialog saying "XML parser factory has not been
configured
correctly. Provider org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl not
found."
-- which puzzled me even more ...
Regards

Liviu Tudor

Cimage Novasoft Limited
www.cimagenovasoft.com
liviut@cimage.com
Fax: +44 (0)1344 767701
Direct Line: +44 (0)1344 767759
Centennial Court, Easthampstead Road, Bracknell, BERKS, RG12 1JZ

If you make something idiot-proof, the world will always create a better
idiot.