ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mixing compression within jars
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:50:08 GMT
On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Stephen Scaringi <Stephen.Scaringi@giantloop.com>
wrote:

> We're running ant 1.5.2, and having problems getting compressed and
> uncompressed files in the same jar.

There are two issues mixed in this mail.

First:

> The problem is that the update task deletes all the files already in
> the jar, so we end up with a jar containing only a couple of
> uncompressed files.

is probably due to one of the several zip bugs in 1.5.2.  Please try
the just released 1.5.3beta1 and see if things get better.

Second:

> Is there any way to create a jar of compressed and uncompressed
> files using the jar task in ant?

Yes and no.

Ant should be able to create jar with entries coming from compressed
as well as from uncompressed archives.  This is the "yes".

<jar> will either compress all or no entries.  You control this via
<jar>'s compress attribute.  This is the "no".

So you can mix the sources, but the result will not be mixed.

Stefan