ant-user mailing list archives

From Mike Hardy <mha...@h3c.com>
Subject Re: exec task hangs with j2sdk 1.4.1 / linux?
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2003 02:31:52 GMT

The exec task doesn't take a fork argument - I'm calling
Tomcat's startup.sh, not the Tomcat class directly via the ant java task.

I did try vmlauncher="false" and "true", and I also tried
output="/dev/null" to see if I could get it to ignore the streams, but
neither helped.

I'm still hunting around for something. Its definitely the sub-processes
output streams that are breaking an assumption somewhere. In the line of
code referenced in the thread dump from CVS for ant 1.5.2 its sitting
there polling the stream for input. It never comes and the stream doesn't
close though, so it hangs forever

-Mike