ant-user mailing list archives

From George_Schl...@ssga.com
Subject Re: anthill vs. cruisecontrol
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 22:05:12 GMT
Sorry for the tangent (I will post on Anthill user group at some point)-
Would it be possible to code a taginfo (or commitinfo for that matter)
script (in CVS repository) to do a http get of the URL created by the
"Build" button to automatically kick off an Anthill build based on some
kind of event like a tag using a reserved tag name (or commit)?  Has anyone
tried anything like this?  If so I would expect it to work with
CruiseControl as well....

URL example:
http://<ServerIP>:8080/AnthillPro/admin/?cmd=build&moduleId=Build+Manager%5D%5Bcom.urbancode.anthill2.impl.buildmanager.basic.BasicBuildManager%5D%5B1

|---------+----------------------------------->
|         |           Erik Hatcher            |
|         |           <jakarta-ant@ehatchersol|
|         |           utions.com>             |
|         |                                   |
|         |           03/06/2003 04:46 PM     |
|         |           Please respond to "Ant  |
|         |           Users List"             |

  |       To:       "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
                                             |
  |       cc:
                                       |
  |       Subject:  Re: anthill vs. cruisecontrol

Quick correction... CruiseControl runs on a schedule also.  It doesn't
get notified when something gets checked in, it polls just like
Anthill.  So in this respect they are comparable.

             Erik