ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Oatham" <matthewoat...@hotmail.com>
Subject Merging text files
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:13:17 GMT
Hi,

I am slowly reading through Java Development with ANT and have stumbled across FilterChains,
FilterReaders and Mappers. Looks interesting and I can see it allows you to modify text files
but is there a way to merge two text files to produce one new text file.

An example could be

header.web.xml - xml file specifying xml headers such as dts location etc...
body.web.xml - xml file containing generic content

in this case the output would be the merge of a chosen header.web.xml depending on some property
such as application.server with the default body.web.xml

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Matt