ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nick Pellow" <>
Subject AW: SSH in ANT?!?! (WAS: RE: process on a remote server via an ANT ?????)
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:33:04 GMT

Hi Stefan,
I just tried both the SSH and SCP tasks with the nightly
build from the 19th of March. The jsch.jar I
tested it with had version 0.1.2 and was downloaded and built today.
During both tasks, I get
an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

Apache Ant version 1.6alpha compiled on March 19 2003
Buildfile: build.xml
Adding reference: ant.PropertyHelper ->
Detected Java version: 1.4 in: C:\j2sdk1.4.1\jre
Detected OS: Windows 2000
Setting ro project property: ant.version -> Apache Ant version 1.6alpha
compiled on March 19 2003
Setting ro project property: password -> XXXXX
Setting ro project property: ant.file -> D:\work\build.xml
Adding reference: ant.projectHelper ->
Adding reference: ant.parsing.context ->
Adding reference: ant.targets -> []
parsing buildfile D:\work\build.xml with URI = file:///D:/work/build.xml
Setting ro project property: -> Deployment Script
Adding reference: Deployment Script ->
Setting ro project property: ant.file.Deployment Script -> D:\work\build.xml
Project base dir set to: D:\
 +Target: stop
 +Target: copy
Build sequence for target `copy' is [copy]
Complete build sequence is [copy, stop, ]

      [scp] Connecting to delphin:22
      [scp] java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
      [scp]     at
      [scp]     at com.jcraft.jsch.IO.getByte(Unknown Source)
      [scp]     at Source)
      [scp]     at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Unknown Source)
      [scp]     at
      [scp]     at
      [scp]     at
      [scp]     at
      [scp]     at
      [scp]     at
      [scp]     at
      [scp]     at
      [scp]     at
      [scp]     at
      [scp]     at
      [scp]     at

file:///D:/work/build.xml:23: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException:
Session.connect: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

My build script was:

 <target name="copy"
          description="Test scp">
    <fail unless="password">
      Ensure that the property password is set

    <scp file="build.xml" todir="mmroot:${password}@delphin:"/>