ant-user mailing list archives

From Jim Krygowski <james.krygow...@shaws.com>
Subject RE: anthill vs. cruisecontrol
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 12:53:16 GMT
Hi Matthias-

We've been using Cruise Control for about 9 months with a project team of 6
developers.  Our code base isn't all that big (probably 600 classes or so).
Using Cruise Control 2.0.2 I've set up a couple of custom build schedules.
We build clean every 30 minutes and we only notify when the build fails.  In
the evening, we build clean and run unit tests, the results of which are
mailed.

I've found that continuous integration is something I can't live without at
this point.  We have two very junior developers and a few contractors on the
team so the potential for broken builds is pretty high.  We see broken build
notifications once or twice a week, usually because someone forgot to check
in a new file or performed an incomplete check in of existing modified
files.  However, we catch the problem immediately and we can fix it before
it gets out of hand.

jk