ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Gordon" <tim.gor...@allustra.com>
Subject RE: auto notification question...
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:14:55 GMT
If you're using either NT or unix scripts then why not kick off an ANT task
at the end of the build that has a target which sends a mail. This option
depends entirely on your non-ANT build scripts failing on error...

-----Original Message-----
From: Ciramella, EJ [mailto:ECiramella@emptoris.com]
Sent: 26 March 2003 16:06
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: auto notification question...

Has anyone done some sort of auto notification?  Since 3/4 of the builds
done here are nmake and bat file based (the only ant related builds are the
ones I've gotten time to convert), I'd like to have an email sent out saying
the builds completed.  With the ant build, that's no problem, there are tons
of listeners and mailing options.  With the bat file, that's a little
trickier.  What I was thinking was that I'd build up a list of files that
have a modification date of in a particular range, beginning at 9 PM and
ending at 8 AM or something.  But that leaves too much room for error.

Any suggestions?