ant-user mailing list archives

From Martin Porter <>
Subject Pattern Matching
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:17:37 GMT
I am trying to use a fileset to copy some directories & files to a new
target location as follows:-

<copy todir="${source_dir}">
    <fileset defaultexcludes="no" dir="${target_dir}">
       <exclude name="**/.wlnotdelete**"/>
       <exclude name="**/_tmp_war**"/>

This is working as expected and removing all instances of *_tmp_war
directories in the process
but still leaves all the '.wlnotdelete' directories. I know its because of
the '.' character at the start
of the directory name but I cant find any way of making it work. It must be
a regular expression
matching pattern but I cant find an example of how to do it....anyone got
any bright ideas or pointers
to any docs that might tell me.