ant-user mailing list archives

From David McTavish <dmctav...@SANDVINE.com>
Subject RE: init and clean directories
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 18:11:51 GMT
I never add build-directory entries to my classpath. If its important, I'll
create a jar, and move it to the lib folder for use. I put all libraries,
third-party and internal in a central place. Makes it easier if we want to
test whether upgrading individual components will have any side-effects.

d.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike McNally [mailto:m5@works.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 1:07 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: init and clean directories

> In clean, I delete my build directory, and in my .init targets I recreate
> the directories. mkdir will not fail if the directory already exists.

One problem I've had is that it's hard to <mkdir> directories that need to
be part of globally-defined classpaths, without using a double-ant setup
(i.e., the outer "build" does the init targets and then chains to the "real"
build file).

Maybe I'm missing something.

--
[ you are my main foo ] Mike McNally -- m5@works.com