ant-user mailing list archives

From Alexey Solofnenko <A.Solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject RE: Emailing Build results
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:02:13 GMT
I tried to use CruiseControl and found it too intrusive. I would have to
modify it a lot in order to be able to use it. Instead I wrote my own
scripts that do automatic builds.

- Alexey.

--
{ http://trelony.cjb.net/   } Alexey N. Solofnenko
Pleasant Hill, CA (GMT-8 usually)

-----Original Message-----
From: Benoit Voisin [mailto:benoit.voisin@ergoidp.dk]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 11:43 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Emailing Build results

Sorry to interrupt, but the main reason I find in receiving a mail upon
build completion is when the building process is launched in an automated
manner (cron or similar). But then, why not using a continuus integration
tool like AntHill ? It does launch build (schedule or on request) and sends
a mail (with a link to the log file) upon completion (failure or success).
If you want it to build on your local copy (and not the one on your VCS),
you can tell anthill to retrieve the source from a local directory (really
local or mounted).
I'm sure Anthill's competitors can also do the same.
(Search anthill in this mail list)

Or I have missed something ?
Benoit