ant-user mailing list archives

From "Adelman Peter, NY" <Peter.Adel...@fja-us.com>
Subject RE: Does anyone have an example of CVS commit done with Ant?
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 22:24:53 GMT
Matt,

Thanks for the reply.  So, from your example, if I wanted to just check it
buildnumber.txt, the command would be
<cvs command="commit -m&quot; buildnumber.txt" failonerror="true"/>...?

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Quail [mailto:matt@cortexebusiness.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 5:21 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Does anyone have an example of CVS commit done with Ant?

Here is an example for a real build file for doing a cvs commit

<cvs command="commit -m&quot;auto build increment&quot; buildnumber.txt"
failonerror="true"/>

The workspace looks a little like this:

./build.xml
./buildnumber.txt
./CVS/

That is, it is run from an already-checked-out workspace (hence the CVS
directory). That way, you don't need to specify the "package" attribute, the

command just runs "locally".

Does that make sense?

=Matt

Peter Adelmann wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Does anyone have an example of committing a file to CVS?  I need to build
a jar and then update CVS with the new jar file. It appears as though the
task would go something like this: