ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Oatham" <matthewoat...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: JspC
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2003 15:48:47 GMT
Ok, thanks I read that part of the documentation, so what do I do with the
class files that are generated? put the in a jar in the lib directory or
stick them all in the classes directory? How do I call the from the webpage?
Do #i have to edit the web.xml file in any way?

Thanks.

From: "Martin" <mgainty@hotmail.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
Subject: Re: JspC
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 08:33:32 -0700

Matthew
the doc states that " The jspc task does basic dependency checking to
prevent unnecessary recompilation -this checking compares source and
destination timestamps, and does not factor in class or taglib dependencies,
or <jsp:include> references."

So if your java files are uptodate the jspc task will be bypassed..(and the
next task (usually javac) is executed)

If you want to build an entire webapp the doc states:

"webapp
Instructions to jasper to build an entire web application. The base
directory must have a WEB-INF subdirectory beneath it. When used, the task
hands off all dependency checking to the compiler. Attribute Description
Required
       basedir the base directory of the web application Yes
"

Does this help?
-Martin