ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Replace toekn with file contents
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 23:48:33 GMT
On Monday, March 17, 2003, at 03:10  PM, Sloan Seaman wrote:
> I have to come up with a scheme to have 4-5 developers write different
> pieces of a web app that uses the same struts-config.xml and not have
> them
> kill each others work or fight over locks via version control.

Ah, I see... stuck using Visual SourceSafe, eh?!  :))

> So I figured I would have them (in their respective branches) have
> action.xml, formbean.xml, etc files and then the master build file
> would
> include these files and put them into the final struts-config.xml file.
>
> Any other ideas are more than welcome...
>
> I'll take a quick look at XDoclet as well...

XDoclet will likely take more than a "quick look", but its how I
recommend folks do it.  It'll define all your form beans for you
automatically at a minimum, and if you want to get to the point of
tagging Actions you can do that as well.  See my JavaDevWithAnt project
for it in action:

	http://www.ehatchersolutions.com/JavaDevWithAnt

Erik