ant-user mailing list archives

From <>
Subject AW: RMIC Destination Directory
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:19:03 GMT
Hi Stefan,

I read your answer to a similar question in this newsgroup.

I want to generate the Stubs from .class files (e.g. /build/classes) and the stubs have to
be stored in a directory e.g. /build/stubs

I use the move task to do this, but in my opinion a destination attrbibute of the rmic task
would be very helpful.

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Stefan Bodewig []
Gesendet: Montag, 31. Marz 2003 11:42
Betreff: Re: RMIC Destination Directory

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Juraj Lenharcik <>

> The base attribute is used for source and binary, but they are
> different in my case.

"source" in rmic's case are binaries.  I'm not sure I understand what
you want, could you please expand a little?

rmic creates .class files from .class files - it uses base to find the
first and to save the second type of .class files.  Do you want them
to live in different directories?

If so, this is not possible with <rmic>, you could <move> the
generated files, but the your <rmic> would always recompile your files
as it couldn't find the classes generated on prior runs.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message