ant-user mailing list archives

From Sean Leblanc <Se...@e-infodata.com>
Subject RE: Unrolling included jars in a new jar file?
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 18:43:26 GMT
Thanks, somehow I overlooked unjar. I think combining with jar, I can do
what I want.

I don't see genjar in the optional tasks in the manual. I guess I'm not
looking in the right spot.

When you say "it's better to describe the dependencies..." what does this
mean? Is this done using manifest(s)?

TIA,
Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Hatton [mailto:khatton@axiomsystems.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 10:10 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Unrolling included jars in a new jar file?

Yes, you need the <unjar> and <jar> tasks.
Also look at the <genjar> optional task.

But, one of the great things about Ant (IMHO) is that it doesn't duplicate
the behaviour of the jar builder in JBuilder! Our experience is that
JBuilder builds bloatware jars, it's much better to describe the
dependencies properly in the build file.