ant-user mailing list archives

From "Carl Trusiak" <carl_trus...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: JSPC with Tomcat
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:18:04 GMT
Personnally (And I my be unpopular with this:) ) I think you could get more
accurate results creating a new Jspc task following the logic I used to
create the OJspc Task.  Use a wrapper around Ant's JavaCommandLine class and
simply call Tomcats org.apache.jasper.JspC directly.

Usage: jspc <options> [--] <jsp files>
where jsp files is any number of:
    <file>         A file to be parsed as a jsp page
    -webapp <dir>  A directory containing a web-app, all jsp pages
                   will recursivly be parsed
where options include:
    -q          Quite mode (same as -v0)
    -v[#]       Verbose mode (optional number is level, default is 2)
    -d <dir>    Output Directory
    -dd <dir>   Literal Output Directory.  (package dirs will not be made)
    -l          Outputs the name of the JSP page upon failure
    -s          Outputs the name of the JSP page upon success
    -p <name>   Name of target package
    -c <name>   Name of target class name
                (only applies to first JSP page)
    -mapped     Generate separate write() calls for each HTML line in the
JSP
    -die[#]     Generate an error return code (#) on fatal errors.
                If the number is absent or unparsable it defaults to 1.
    -uribase <dir>  The uri directory compilations shoule be relative to
                    (Default is "/")
    -uriroot <dir>  The root directory that uri files should be resolved
                    against, (Default is the directory jspc is invoked from)
    -webinc <file>  Creates partial servlet mapings for the -webapp option
    -webxml <file>  Creates a complete web.xml when using the -webapp
option.
    -ieplugin <clsid>  Java Plugin classid for Internet Explorer
    -sax2 <driverclassname>  Driver class name for the SAX 2.0 parser to be
used

The ojspc task can be found at:
http://www.pittjug.org/JSPWiki/Wiki.jsp?page=CarlTrusiak
Carl