ant-user mailing list archives

From James Sinnamon <James.Sinna...@cs.anu.edu.au>
Subject Re: Access to Environment Variables other than ANT_HOME of CLASSPATH
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 23:05:26 GMT
Seb,

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:05, you wrote:
> <property environment="ejbenv" />
>
>  <fileset dir="${ejbenv.JAVA_HOME}/jre/lib">
>          <include name="rt.jar" />
> </fileset>

If I set an environment variable such as in the following example:

   export BASE_BOOTIMAGE_COMPILER=1
   export BASE_RUNTIME_COMPILER=1
   export NO_GC=1
   export WITH_CLUSTER=1

... and then run ant,  will I be able to refer to these variables
within build.xml?  Basically I am hoping to be able to replace
some scripts with a few ant targets which use the 'echo' task,
and will be conditional on the setting of these variables.
It would be easier to do so if I could do it without having to
redefine  these environment variables in other files.

> checkout the environment> in doc.
> seb.

Not sure where to find it.  I have looked at everthing I could find in the
documentation which is  related to Environment variables in the
Could you be more specific or show me the URL?

> James Sinnamon wrote:
> > Can environment variables be accessed from within a build.xml file?
<snip/>

Thanks again.

regards,

James