ant-user mailing list archives

From "Finn, Michael" <michael.f...@frontiercorp.com>
Subject RE: checking out the cvs
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 12:48:23 GMT
Fenton,

This may sound like a way-simple question, but are you sure your firewall
permits access outbound for port 2401? Either that or cvs.apache.org
hiccupped last night. It just worked for me.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Fenton Travers [mailto:Fenton.Travers@stellent.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 7:01 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: checking out the cvs

I'm having trouble checking out the ant-antidote module with anonymous CVS.
I run the:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout
ant-antidote,

but I get a connection timed out error?  Any ideas? My error messages are
below:

Thx,

Fenton

-----------------------

C:\cvs>cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout
ant-antidote
cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to cvs.apache.org(208.185.179.13):2401
failed: Connection timed out
C:\cvs>

C:\cvs>cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:2401/home/cvspublic
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.apache.org(208.185.179.13):2401 failed:
Connection timed out
C:\cvs>

C:\cvs>cvs -version
Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.4 (client)
Copyright (c) 1989-2002 Brian Berliner, david d `zoo' zuhn, Jeff Polk, and
other authors
CVS may be copied only under the terms of the GNU General Public License,a
copy of which can be found with the CVS distribution kit.
Specify the --help option for further information about CVS