ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Help with <uptodate>
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:12:15 GMT
I strongly advise you to use <outofdate> from Ant-contrib instead ;-)

Much nicer. In your case targetfile takes a single file I believe. Use a
nested <fileset> or a <filelist> instead. --DD

    <outofdate>
      <sourcefiles>
        <pathelement location="pmodel/pmodel_gram.l" />
      </sourcefiles>
      <targetfiles>
        <pathelement location="pmodel/pmodel_gram.l.cpp" />
      </targetfiles>
      <sequential>
        <echo>Flexing pmodel/pmodel_gram.l...</echo>
        <exec executable="${tools.dir}/bin/flex.exe">
        </exec>
      </sequential>
    </outofdate>

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Bodnar [mailto:jason@shakabuku.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 4:13 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Help with <uptodate>

I'm trying to use <uptodate> to determine whether to run a zeus task or not.
want to see if the dtd file zeus uses is newer than the .java files zeus
last
generated. I have the following in my build.xml:

<!-- decide if we need to run the zeus task -->
<target name="configUptodate" depends="init"
             description="Update config classes if the dtd has changed">
  <uptodate property="dontRunZeus" srcfile="config.dtd"
	    targetfile="${src}/com/broadq/qcaststation/config/*.java"/>
</target>

<target name="zeus" depends="configUptodate" unless="${dontRunZeus}"
	description="make zeus classes">
  <zeus destDir="${src}">
    <constraint type="DTD" constraintFile="config.dtd"
	        collapseSimpleElements="true"
		javaPackage="com.broadq.qcaststation.config"/>
  </zeus>
</target>

But the zeus target is always getting run even though the dtd is older than
${src}/com/broadq/qcaststation/config/*.java.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jason

--
Jason Bodnar
jason@shakabuku.org

"You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make
your blood boil who is standing center stage advocating at the top of
his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of
yours." -- President Andrew Shephard, "The American President"