ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: [newbie] Copy jars mensioned in classpath
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 15:25:59 GMT
I'm afraid not directly.... At least I can't think of one. In your
situation, I'd write a <script> that creates that populates a copy tasks
with every file of a Path, feeding a <fileset file="thefile"/> for each
entry in Path#list() to <copy> (which accepts several filesets).

Alternatively, if all your JARs are commonly rooted (have the same basedir,
hopefully not the filesystem root!), you could somehow define a <fileset> of
them, to be used in the <path> and <copy>, but then it's unordered...

Like I said, not the ideal situation... --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: "Schaible, Jörg" [mailto:Joerg.Schaible@gft.com]
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 5:40 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: [newbie] Copy jars mensioned in classpath

Hi,

my application is based on several other Java libraries. These are defined
in an
 external property file, e.g.

foo.jar.foo1=${foo.dir}/foo1.jar
foo.jar.foo2=${foo.dir}/foo2.jar
foo.path=${foo.jar.foo1}:${foo.jar.foo2}

bar.jar.bar=${bar.dir}/bar.jar
bar.path=${bar.jar.bar}

you got the pattern ...

In the build.xml I am now able to use this definitions like:

	<path id="classpath">
		<pathelement path="${foo.path}" />
		<pathelement path="${bar.path}" />
	</path>

	<target name="compile">
		<mkdir dir="${build.dir}" />
		<javac srcdir="${src.java}"
		       destdir="${build.dir}"
		   	 classpathref="classpath" >
		</javac>
	</target>

Works fine.

Now I want to copy the jars used in the classpath to a distribution
directory,
but I did not find a solution using the copy-task to define a fileset based
on
the definitions made above, since every definition could contain more than
one
jar file separated by a colon. Is there any task or a fileset construct,
that
enables me to get the jars from the involved classpath in a fileset?
Regards,
Jörg