ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: taskdef classpath issue
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:44:43 GMT
Check obvious things like the classname, the classpath used... Then run with
-debug and study the output to find out the exact exception, and where
classes are loaded from. Could be your class in zzz.jar depends on other
classes not in Ant's classpath, or that your class uses some XML classes
(like the DOM), but that's usually a runtime error though.

If you can't figure it out, then post your debug output. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Philippe Bonnardel [mailto:philippe.bonnardel@winsoft.fr]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 7:40 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: FW: taskdef classpath issue

Hi all,

I'm facing an issue concerning taskdef tag. I want to use my own task
(let say ZZZ) defining in zzz.jar. And when I defined it like this
   <taskdef name="ZZZ" classname="com.xxx.yyy.ZZZ">
   <classpath >
      <pathelement location="bin/zzz.jar"/>
   </classpath>
   </taskdef>

I've got "taskdef com.xxx.yyy.ZZZ cannot be found"

Any idea what I did wrong? (oh by the way I'm using [ant 1.5.1] on Win
XP)

Philippe Bonnardel.
E-Paper Software Engineer
Winsoft S.A. ( <http://www.winsoft.fr/> http://www.winsoft.fr)
 <mailto:philippe.bonnardel@winsoft.fr> philippe.bonnardel@winsoft.fr
Tel: +33 438 022 231  Fax: +33 438 022 211