ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject RE: XML question
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:23:48 GMT
Hi Matthew,

Yes, I think many XML parsers are picky about the beginning of an XML file.
If there is a PI, it must be on the first line of the document.

Hope this helps
Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Oatham [mailto:matthewoatham@hotmail.com]
Sent: 19 March 2003 14:23
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: XML question

Hi,

Not sure this is the right place to be posting this but...

I build my jboss-web.xml file by replacing tokens with build values. The top of my final jboss-web.xml
file contains a comment i.e.

<!--
Note: Ant's filtered copy is used to activate configuration
tokens in this deployment descriptor at application build time
-->

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<!DOCTYPE jboss-web PUBLIC "@jboss.public.identifier@" "@jboss.dtd.url@">

I think this comment is causing me deployment problems! Can anyone confirm that the placement
of a comment here would cause me deployment problems.

Cheers.

Matt