ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <>
Subject RE: XML question
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:23:48 GMT
Hi Matthew,

Yes, I think many XML parsers are picky about the beginning of an XML file.
If there is a PI, it must be on the first line of the document.

Hope this helps

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Oatham []
Sent: 19 March 2003 14:23
Subject: XML question

Not sure this is the right place to be posting this but...

I build my jboss-web.xml file by replacing tokens with build values. The top of my final jboss-web.xml
file contains a comment i.e.

Note: Ant's filtered copy is used to activate configuration
tokens in this deployment descriptor at application build time

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<!DOCTYPE jboss-web PUBLIC "@jboss.public.identifier@" "@jboss.dtd.url@">

I think this comment is causing me deployment problems! Can anyone confirm that the placement
of a comment here would cause me deployment problems.

View raw message