ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bob Hays, Computer Geek" <purpleh...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: Java source summary
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 12:16:31 GMT
Take a look at the JDepend task - that will get you some design metrics.

JCSC creates a JavaDoc-like set of pages with the metrics you desire -
actual data is in XML files so you could parse them and load them into
whatever you wanted.

JDCX is a doclet interface that can also build statistics (it is a general
doclet tool that can be customized to do interesting things - stats are one
example).

Hope that helps.  I've been looking at Ashkelon (stores JavaDoc in an SQL
database) - I want to add interfaces to use JCSC and JDepend (well, plugable
interface that each will then plug into so its extensible) to Ashkelon and
then build a little ant task for Ashkelon - then I'll have documentation and
metrics all in one neat package, available via SQL in addition to JSP pages
(and hopefully eventually EJB home interfaces).  If you're handy with code
and want to work in the metrics space (open-source of course), please let me
know - this is a hot area of interest for me right now (my team at work has
gotten good [and trusting:-] enough that they are now interested in this).

Have fun! - Bob

--
Bob Hays                           "Discipline is never an end in
ABN AMRO Services Company           itself, only a means to an end."
135 S. LaSalle                     -- King Crimson
MS 3010                            "Whoever flees history will be
Chicago, IL  60603                  pursued by history."
(312) 904-4668 (V)                 -- Janusz Korczak
(312) 904-0322 (F)                 "Faster! Faster! Until the thrill
Bob.Hays@abnamro.com (work)         of speed overcomes the fear of
electricbob@alephnaught.com (home)  death."
http://www.alephnaught.com         -- Hunter S. Thompson
                                   "Security is very frequently the
"Nothing great was ever achieved    commencement of calamity."
 without enthusiasm."               -- Paterculus
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson             "Problems cannot be solved at the
"A common mistake that people       same level of awareness that
 make when trying to design         created them."
 something foolproof is to         -- Albert Einstein
 underestimate the ingenuity       "People will work for money, but
 of complete fools."                they'll give a piece of their
-- Douglas Adams                    lives for meaning."
"Don't look to me for answers.     -- Schwab's Dawn Lapore
 All I want you to use me for is   "Creativity is allowing oneself to
 approval."                         make mistakes. Art is knowing which
-- Walt Disney                      ones to keep."
"You can learn more about a person -- Scott Adams
 in an hour of play than in a year "The surest way to corrupt a youth
 of conversation."                  is to instruct him to hold in higher
-- Plato                            regard those who think alike than
"If you go into a situation with    those who think differently."
 nothing planned, sometimes        -- Nietzche
 wonderful stuff happens."         "The man who is denied the
-- Jerry Garcia                     opportunity of taking decisions of
"In this world you must be oh so    importance  begins to regard as
 smart or oh so pleasant. Well,     important the decisions he is
for years I was smart. I recommend  allowed to take."
pleasant."                         -- C. Northcote Parkinson
Elwood P. Dowd as played by James
Stewart in Harvey