ant-user mailing list archives

From "Schaible, Jörg" <Joerg.Schai...@gft.com>
Subject [newbie] Copy jars mensioned in classpath
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:40:13 GMT
Hi,

my application is based on several other Java libraries. These are defined in an
 external property file, e.g.

foo.jar.foo1=${foo.dir}/foo1.jar
foo.jar.foo2=${foo.dir}/foo2.jar
foo.path=${foo.jar.foo1}:${foo.jar.foo2}

bar.jar.bar=${bar.dir}/bar.jar
bar.path=${bar.jar.bar}

you got the pattern ...

In the build.xml I am now able to use this definitions like:

	<path id="classpath">
		<pathelement path="${foo.path}" />
		<pathelement path="${bar.path}" />
	</path>

	<target name="compile">
		<mkdir dir="${build.dir}" />
		<javac srcdir="${src.java}"
		       destdir="${build.dir}"
		   	 classpathref="classpath" >
		</javac>
	</target>

Works fine.

Now I want to copy the jars used in the classpath to a distribution directory,
but I did not find a solution using the copy-task to define a fileset based on
the definitions made above, since every definition could contain more than one
jar file separated by a colon. Is there any task or a fileset construct, that
enables me to get the jars from the involved classpath in a fileset?
Regards,
Jörg