ant-user mailing list archives

From "Murphy, Tom (T06)" <murphy...@naptheon.com>
Subject RE: Zip Exception during build, but build completes successfully
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:21:11 GMT
A thousand thanks.

Commented out everything in my classpath except for "." then started adding
things back in one by one, running ant with each new classpath, until I
found the guilty party (an unrelated jar--the classpath entry for this item
did not reflect the jar's updated package structure).  Anyway, problem
solved--thanks.  Thanks also for the reminder that Ant puts ANT_HOME/lib
jars on classpath automatically.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 11:46 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Zip Exception during build, but build completes
successfully

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Tom Murphy <murphy_th@naptheon.com> wrote:

> My project doesn't use any zip files,

jar files are zip-files.

> and the error seems to occur while Ant is "setting up"

It looks as if a jar on your CLASSPATH was corrupt.

> I'm not sure what file it's trying to open.

I'm not familiar enough with AIX.  On Linux or Solaris I'd use strace
to see which files Java touches, but according to
<http://www.unixporting.com/quickguide.html>, strace is not available
for AIX (and AIX ships with a command named strace that does something
different).

The stacktrace shows that the exception occurs while loading a class
via the system classloader, so it must be something on your CLASSPATH
(note that all jars in ANT_HOME/lib are being put onto your CLASSPATH
automatically).

Stefan