ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Allers" <>
Subject RE: Junit.jar in project
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 22:25:42 GMT
The junit.jar can be in *both*, but it needs to be in your
<ANT_HOME>/lib directory for the reason Steve said earlier. If it is in
your classpath for the junit task, the one in ANT_HOME/lib will be used
instead of the one in your project.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Reeves []
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 3:18 PM
Subject: Junit.jar in project

I would like to place the junit.jar into my project, rather than in the
<ANT_HOME>/lib directory.

Of course, I've read what Erik and Steve wrote about it in JDWA (4.3.6)
- it's a classloader issue which prevents me from doing this, and simply
referencing junit.jar in a classpath in my ant build file.

Can someone provide a brief explanation of why, in 50 words or less?

Chris Reeves
Senior Software Developer
Medfusion, Inc.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: