ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Allers" <>
Subject RE: unit test failure w/junit task
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 21:21:47 GMT
Do you have the same problem when you run the Junit test not through

Forking a test is easy. You may already be doing it.
<junit printsummary="yes" fork="yes" haltonfailure="yes">
  <formatter type="plain" />
  <test name="my.test.TestCase" />

Maybe, it's the third party library that is to blame. Can you normally
make two separate connections to the remote application?

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Price []
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 3:01 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: unit test failure w/junit task

Jim Allers wrote:
> jvb.dll is probably a JNI library used during your test.
> You should fork your tests when running. "junit" has a "fork"
> property.
> The error means exactly what it says. "jvb.dll" cannot be loaded by
> more than one classloader. If the classloader that loaded jvb.dll is
> garbage collected, then "jvb.dll" can be loaded again by a different
> classloader. Since there is no way of guaranteeing that a classloader
> is garbage collected, I recommend forking.
> If you're really adventurous, there are various ways you can try to
> solve the problem without creating a new process, but I think you'll
> have to ask some real experts.

Arg.  I don't know anything about JNI and classloaders.  I'm using a 3rd

party library to make a connection to a remote application in my setUp()

method so I can retrieve an object, then I'm using that same library to
make a separate connection to the remote application to retrieve another

object to perform assertEquals() tests etc.

I will hunt down some references to "forking", but I'm skeptical that
this will solve my problem since the concurrent accesses are happening
within the same unit test.

Thanks Jim,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: