ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Allers" <...@advancedreality.com>
Subject RE: unit test failure w/junit task
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 20:53:11 GMT
jvb.dll is probably a JNI library used during your test.

You should fork your tests when running. "junit" has a "fork" property.

The error means exactly what it says. "jvb.dll" cannot be loaded by more
than one classloader. If the classloader that loaded jvb.dll is garbage
collected, then "jvb.dll" can be loaded again by a different
classloader. Since there is no way of guaranteeing that a classloader is
garbage collected, I recommend forking.

If you're really adventurous, there are various ways you can try to
solve the problem without creating a new process, but I think you'll
have to ask some real experts.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Price [mailto:eprice@ptc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 2:45 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: unit test failure w/junit task

Hi,

I just started using the <junit> task with <junitreport>, which is
great.  In my very first unit test, which simply asserted something
which I knew to be true, everything worked perfectly.

However, I've written a couple of "real" unit tests since then and I've
gotten an error message I've never seen before.  This is in my report:

testProjectNameHardCoded Error Native Library C:\WINNT\jvb.dll already
loaded in another classloader

Does anyone know what that one means?  That particular unit test really
can't fail, either -- it tests to see if a string in the unit test
matches a hard-coded string in the project, which I know for a fact
match.  So there's something going wrong with either JUnit or ant, or
... well I don't really know.

Thanks,

Erik