ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Allers" <...@advancedreality.com>
Subject RE: Ant and Eclipse - more clear
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 16:27:09 GMT
Which version of Eclipse are you using? The new version of Eclipse that is coming out let's
you run Eclipse in headless mode, and the ant integration is already an "application" that
can be run. I think this is how the Eclipse project is running their automated build.

I think the Eclipse project generates build scripts for their various plugins and then runs
those build scripts. I would assume it's done through Eclipse or planning to be done through
Eclipse.

You can run Eclipse 2.1 RC0 in headless mode by:
[eclipse executable] -application antRunner [your normal ant arguments?].

Eclipse also provides some ant tasks that interact with the workspace. They may be available
in headless mode:
eclipse.incrementalBuild
eclipse.convertPath
eclipse.refreshLocal

Search in the eclipse help for "Ant tasks provided by the platform" and "org.eclipse.core.runtime.applications"

-----Original Message-----
From: Thorselius Göran [mailto:goran.thorselius@scania.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 6:08 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: Ant and Eclipse - more clear

I'm a total newbie in XML, ant and eclipse

I guess I was a little unclear about what I would like to
do, so I'll try and explain it again.

I would like ant to compile Java code written in Eclipse
every night (scheduled job). In other words I don't want
the build to be done from within Eclipse. The build should
be done by a call in for example a .bat-file

I've read an example that told me to write this in my build.xml <property name="build.compiler"
value="org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter"/>

This doesn't seem to work:
"Compiler Adapter 'org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter' can't be found."

I'm not suprised though, since ant don't know about eclipse.

Now I'm wondering: Is it really possbile for ant to use the built-in JavaBuilder in eclipse
to compile code OUTSIDE eclipse ?