ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: anthill vs. cruisecontrol
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 01:25:35 GMT
One of the these CruiseControl implements, and to be honest I'm not
sure about Anthill on this one, is the notion of a "quiet period".
Because you may be committing a bunch of things in a row (to have
different comments, which is something I commonly do) you wouldn't want
the first of that batch to trigger a build.  So if CC wakes up and
polls the SCM and sees recent activity, it sleeps a bit longer and
tries again later to give things time to "settle down".

So having a commit trigger a build might be just a bit too trigger
happy on continuous integration, I'd think.

Polling every 5 minutes not good enough for ya?!  :)

	Erik