ant-user mailing list archives

From Justin Thomas <Justin.Tho...@RCP.co.uk>
Subject problem with dist/jar
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 11:26:40 GMT
Hi all,

I was wondering if someone can help me out with a really annoying problem.

I have got an application which uses saxon and xerces for xml/xslt but when
I build the project using ANT it always tries to go and use xalan and
criminson!  I don't make any changes to the src and if I build my app
without using ANT it works fine.  I assume ANT must be doing something
regarding class paths?

How can I distribute my program in a jar file with the correct xerces and
saxon jar files?  I have the following files in my lib dir xercesImpl.jar
xmlParserAPIs.jar saxon.jar which you can see are included in my own jar
file.  I don't think this is right though because it still tries to use
xalan.

Can anyone shed any light on this problem or explain how I distribute my jar
file with those additional jars so it's more standalone?

Thanks in advance

<target name="dist" depends="compile" description="create JAR/dist files
into dist directory">
        <mkdir dir="${dist.dir}/lib"/>

        <jar jarfile="${dist.dir}/lib/${jarfile.name}"
             basedir="${build.dir}"
             compress="${compress.jar}"
             index="${index.jar}"
             update="${update.jar}">
            <fileset dir="${build.dir}"/>
            <fileset dir="lib"/>

            <manifest>
                <attribute name="Built-By" value="${user.name}"/>
                <attribute name="Built-On" value="${DSTAMP}-${TSTAMP}"/>
                <attribute name="Main-Class" value="${main.class}"/>
                <attribute name="class-path" value="xercesImpl.jar
xmlParserAPIs.jar saxon.jar"/>
            </manifest>
        </jar>
    </target>