ant-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Matt Lyon" <m...@stargus.com>
Subject RE: Change to FTP behavior in ant 1.5.2?
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 19:00:55 GMT
Hi,

Just to follow up on this thread, I did a cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
checkout ant to get the source from the head end of CVS which I assumed would include Conor's

fix, and then tested my FTP task and now all is working according to plan. Assuming I picked
up Conor's fix in my build from CVS, this issue is fixed in the Head End of CVS now.

Matt
-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Lyon 
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 1:11 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Change to FTP behavior in ant 1.5.2?


Steve,

Thanks for the heads up on this. I've filed the new bug, #17735 in Bugzilla. FYI, I did already
have ignorenoncriticalerrors set to true in my task.

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Loughran [mailto:steve_l@iseran.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 1:02 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Change to FTP behavior in ant 1.5.2?


file a bug. there were changes in the task that were intended to work round
problems where creating dirs which already existed raised errors in the
process -now we try and CD to the dir, if we cant it should be created.
Something bad is happening here.

state your server type in the bugrep. Also, try setting
ignorenoncriticalerrors="true" in <ftp>.




----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Lyon" <matt@stargus.com>
To: "Ant-User (E-mail)" <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 08:52
Subject: Change to FTP behavior in ant 1.5.2?


Hi,

I've noticed that upgrading to 1.5.2 seems to have "broken" one of my ftp
tasks. The ftp task in question uploads a several levels deep directory
structure to a remote system. This always worked fine in the past, but in
Ant 1.5.2, I get the following:

BUILD FAILED
file:C:/master/starman/build/build.xml:1588: could not change to directory:
550
starnode\admin: No such file or directory.

The issue is caused by the fact that I don't explicitly create all the
directories on the remote system, only the top level directory, and in the
past, Ant seemed to just generate the remote sub-directories under the top
level directory as needed during the transfer on the fly. Is this something
to do with separators ('/' Vs. '\') being changed in Ant 1.5.2? It looks
like the fact that it's coming from Window$ and going to Unix and the
separators is the issue, but this was never a problem in the past...

Matt

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org


Mime
View raw message