ant-user mailing list archives

From "Craig Berry" <Craig.Be...@portblue.com>
Subject RE: JspC
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2003 17:16:23 GMT
Correct on all counts, of course.  Jspc could use some major tweaking, but it would be hard
getting things right for all the various jspc runtime formats and packages and so forth; I
think there will always be a DIY klude component to it.

Equally useful to me would be an option where Jasper would precompile all the JSPs during
startup...anybody happen to know if that's in the works?

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Rod Macpherson [mailto:maildump@pacbell.net]
	Sent: Sat 3/1/2003 10:56 PM
	To: Ant Users List
	Subject: Re: JspC

	"supporting multi-directory jsps requires a bit more work to get it right"

	I would say the kludge is ant's jspc task; not your use of jspc and javac.
	As for not working with a "multi-directory" (read: pretty much any
	commercially viable web application) structure, are you sure that works at
	all? The new JspC seems to not deal with that at all. You have to compile
	each directory individually and assume all sorts of things about package
	names based on the target appserver. BTW, here's a good hint for JSPs: don't
	use a jsp extension on included JSPs. That way they do not get compiled
	'sept when explicitly included.