ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: Compiling with one jdk, building javadoc with anohter?
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 06:56:14 GMT
1. scenario (should work)
Ant runs on JDK 1.4 (for javadoc) and you use
	<javac executable="pathToJavac13" compiler="javac1.3" />

2. scenario (may work)
Run javadoc in a new target and set java.home to the JDK14 before that.
	<target name="javadoc">
	    <antcall target="-javadoc"><param name="java.home"
value="PathToMyJDK14"/></antcall>
	</target>
	<target name="-javadoc>
	    <!-- the usual javadoc stuff -->
	</target>
Background: I took a look into the source and javadoc uses the util class
JDKEnvUtils. The
invoked getJdkExecutable() method uses that system property as base for
searching the required
took - here the javadoc tool.

Hope that helps.

Jan Matèrne