ant-user mailing list archives

Subject AW: Anyone written an Ant shell yet?
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 09:17:13 GMT
I don´t know what you understand here on "shell".

If you want to write a IDE for buildscripts have a look on Eclipse PlugIn
before (

If you want to have a command line interface for calling targets
	ANT> init target1
	ANT> [target1] output
	ANT> -Dprop=value
	ANT> calltarget2
then let other people know it:

Jan Matèrne

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: webhiker []
Gesendet am: Donnerstag, 13. März 2003 10:02
An: Ant Users List
Betreff: Anyone written an Ant shell yet?

Just wondering if anyone's attempted to write an Ant shell.
Developing build files using Ant is quite nice, but if we could get a
shell together, it would provide a cross-platform shell environment as
well, saving switching between Unix, Cygwin, command etc, plus should
see much better start-up time for executing Ant tasks, since  they would
be run in the same JVM.

Anyone done this already, or is there a good reason why it's a bad idea?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: