ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: DOCTYPE XML include
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 07:57:17 GMT
If the xml parser should do the job (here you are using
xml entity), the path has to be hardcoded, because no other
program is running which can resolve variables.

The <import> task is in the CVS head of Ant 1.6. Because
Ant 1.5.2 is for several bugfixes and NO enhancements, it isn´t there.
But you can download the 1.6 binaries from the website. Because
<import> is an Ant task it can resolve properties.

Another way would be write a build.xml-template and make text substitutions.
1. build.template:    <!DOCTYPE... SYSTEM "@pathBuilddefs@">]>
2. substitute (e.g. with another buidlfile):  @pathBuilddefs@ -->
file:../../build/builddefs.xml
   (for that substitution you can use variables/properties)
3. run the generated buildfile
Not fine, but could work :-)

Jan Matèrne

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Sebastien Blanc [mailto:Sebastien.Blanc@alcatel.com]
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 5. März 2003 03:57
An: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: DOCTYPE XML include

Hi !

is there a way to avoid the hardcoded path in

<!DOCTYPE project [
 <!ENTITY builddefs SYSTEM "file:../../build/builddefs.xml">
]>

I was hoping that this was using a resolver that could find my
builddefs.xml in my one of the resource in the ANT classpath.

will the import task resolve this pb ? if so, when is this supposed to
be released ?

thanx.

seb.