ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scaringi, Stephen" <Stephen.Scari...@giantloop.com>
Subject RE: Mixing compression within jars
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 17:44:47 GMT
Thanks for such a quick response.

> is probably due to one of the several zip bugs in 1.5.2.  Please try
> the just released 1.5.3beta1 and see if things get better.

I installed 1.5.3Beta1, and indeed, the update task works correctly now. Although I think
the deletion I spoke of earlier was an artifact of using WinZip to view the jar contents +
ant 1.5.2 bugs.

> So you can mix the sources, but the result will not be mixed.

The fact you can't mix the result using ant is interesting for two reasons:

1. You can mix compressed and uncompressed files using Sun's jar utility (that's what we're
doing now with make).

2. When we try to create the mixed jars using ant, we use two jar tasks with distinct file
sets. The second task, which updates the jar with a couple of uncompressed resource files,
uncompresses all the previously compressed files, even though none of the existing files in
the jar are in the second tasks file set.

I would consider #2 above as a bug. Do you agree?

-Stephen