ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Christiansen" <Nathan_Christian...@tni.com>
Subject RE: SSH in ANT?!?! (WAS: RE: process on a remote server via an ANT ?????)
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 16:35:26 GMT
JSch uses the SSH2 protocol and not the original SSH protocol (due to
RSA licensing issues).

SSH2 defines several algorithms that are not RSA proprietary, like the
key exchange algorithms and the cypher suites used.

It is also important to note that since JSch uses the JCE (Java
Cryptography Extension) it REQUIRES the use of JDK 1.4 or above.

-- Nathan Christiansen
   Tahitian Noni International
   http://www.tahitiannoni.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Anderson, Rob H - VSCM [mailto:Anderson.Rob@vectorscm.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 9:28 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: SSH in ANT?!?! (WAS: RE: process on a remote server via an
ANT ?????)

One thing to note about jsch is the key exchange method is
diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1. What exactly
that means, I don't know, but I do know that this key exchange method was
not implemented in OpenSSH until version 2.8. I don't know if this is
related to the problem you are having, but it might be something to check
out.

-Rob Anderson